At SKATEBOARDS.COM, we believe you’re entitled to decide what information you share with us and how it is used, so we answer your questions about privacy up front!
1. Why does SKATEBOARDS.COM gather visitor information? We gather information with three objectives in mind:
a. To fulfill your order accurately and quickly.
b. To learn how we can improve your shopping experience.
c. To help us meet our commitment to privacy.
When you visit SKATEBOARDS.COM, you have the option of creating a SKATEBOARDS.COM user account, which is required to place an order from SKATEBOARDS.COM. A SKATEBOARDS.COM user account also gives you free access to these valuable features:
• Save your selections for as long as you like.
• Get access to special promotions.
• View delivery details and lead times instantly.
Creating a user account is easy:
• Enter your name.
• Enter and confirm your e-mail address.
• Enter your Zip Code.
• Choose and confirm a password.
When you place an order, we will ask for additional information needed to fulfill your order:
• Your delivery address and phone.
• Your billing address and phone.
• Your credit card information.
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend's name and e-mail address. SKATEBOARDS.COM will automatically send the friend a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the site. SKATEBOARDS.COM stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact SKATEBOARDS.COM at _privacy@SKATEBOARDS.COM to request the removal of this information from our database.
2. How oes SKATEBOARDS.COM remember me automatically? SKATEBOARDS.COM uses a technology called “cookies” to remember you and the information you are saving. When you visit SKATEBOARDS.COM, we send you back a cookie, a small text file that includes a temporary inquiry number, your IP address, plus any items you’ve chosen. The information we store in cookies is also linked to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site. Your web browser has a special folder on your computer where it keeps cookies. Cookies cannot harm your computer in any way. Only the website that places a cookie on your computer is allowed to read it; no other website may access the cookie SKATEBOARDS.COM places on your computer.
If you are visiting SKATEBOARDS.COM from a computer that only you or your family use, cookies present no security concern. However, if you are using a shared computer in a public environment (i.e. a library, Cyber Café or work), others using that computer to visit SKATEBOARDS.COM can log in as you. Although SKATEBOARDS.COM never displays your credit card information on our website, someone logging in as you could access less confidential data, such as your name or shipping address. If this applies to you, consider choosing not to be “remembered” when you register using a shared computer in a public environment. Instead, log in at each visit.
Cookies make your shopping experience much easier. If you are trying to decide between two sskateboards, the cookie enables your computer to find those items again without doing a whole new search. Your browser looks in its cookie folder, finds your SKATEBOARDS.COM cookie and tells SKATEBOARDS.COM that you want to look at the same skateboards again.
When you add an item to your Shopping Cart, request a price, or place an order, your cookie may hold information with the details of the items you’re considering ordering.
If you don’t want any information stored in a cookie, you can set your browser not to accept cookies, but remember that cookies make your purchases easy. They enable your computer to keep a list of items you’re considering or to place them directly in your Shopping Cart (so you don’t have to re-enter them manually).
3. What visitor information does SKATEBOARDS.COM keep track of? Information tracked automatically is generic and doesn’t include any personal details:
• When you log onto the Internet, your computer says to your Internet service, “Here I am; talk to me!” by requesting an IP (Internet protocol) address, sort of like asking for a seat at an electronic table with numbered seats. Your Internet service’s computer responds by saying, “OK, for this session, you sit at #12.” Some providers assign you a permanent or “static” IP address, but most use temporary ones. This helps assure your privacy, because it’s difficult - if not impossible - to collect personal information about you via a temporary address.
• Our site keeps a general list of visitors’ IP addresses. This gives us broad, generic information such as how many AOL(r) users log onto SKATEBOARDS.COM and helps us maintain SKATEBOARDS.COM’s compatibility with many different Internet services.
• SKATEBOARDS.COM records browser types and versions so we can answer questions such as, “How many of our visitors were using Netscape Communicator(r) 4.6 last month?” This tells us what features our visitors can make use of and helps us keep our website up to date.
• We record how many people visited each page on our site. This helps answer questions such as, “What items or pages are drawing a lot of interest this month?”
• We may also record which site or search engine referred you to SKATEBOARDS.COM.
This information enhances your shopping experience: images look better, pages load more quickly, and SKATEBOARDS.COM remains compatible with more browsers and systems. Information you enter when you register or place an order makes your shopping experience at SKATEBOARDS.COM easy:
• At any point while you’re browsing, you can place an item in your Shopping Cart. When you’re done browsing, you can review your Shopping Cart. If you want to place an order, indicate the item(s) you wish to order and click the Proceed to Checkout button. Enter your delivery information, including name, address, and preferred contact time/method in case we need to get in touch with you about your order.
• The next screen gives you a price quote for the item(s) you’re ordering, including price and applicable sales tax.
• The Purchase button then displays options for payment: You can enter credit card information here.
4. What does SKATEBOARDS.COM do with this information? SKATEBOARDS.COM has an absolute commitment to keep your information secure. The information you share with us is used to fulfill your order and to keep you up-to-date on the status of your order. After you place an order, we’ll contact you with information about the order as needed.
The financial institutions processing your payment or your financing application may send us supplemental information if there is a problem in completing the transaction. The retailer / shipper fulfilling your order may send us supplemental information if there is a problem with delivery. This information is used only in processing your order(s) from SKATEBOARDS.COM.
Information about your browser helps us improve the way our site appears on your computer and makes sure our site is up to date and compatible with your system. Traffic reports (information about sites that refer visitors to us) help us select the best places to reach people interested in shopping for furniture online.
5. What types of emails will SKATEBOARDS.COM send to me? Can I choose not to receive these emails? As a registered SKATEBOARDS.COM user, you may occasionally receive emails from us, including:
• Special Offers.
Should you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may "opt out" at any time by logging in to your SKATEBOARDS.COM Account and clicking "Update your email preferences." Alternatively, you may email us at privacy@SKATEBOARDS.COM
When you place an order with SKATEBOARDS.COM, you will also receive email updates regarding the status of your order. These emails, which are critical to fulfilling your order, will not be affected by updating your email preferences.
We do not sell, rent, share, trade or give away any of the information you provide to us except to the financial institutions processing your payment or your financing application and the retailers / shippers that produce and/or deliver your order. No third party will solicit you as a result of information within our control.
It is true that the information you provide is subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders. Other than these fairly extreme cases, your personal information will be shared with no one.
7. Can I tell SKATEBOARDS.COM not to gather or keep track of information I’ve provided? How? Yes. You can set your browser not to accept cookies, but remember that cookies make your purchases easy. They enable your computer to keep a list of items you’re considering or to place them directly in your Shopping Cart (so you don’t have to re-enter them manually).
8. How do I correct or update information about me and my order(s)? To change, correct, or update information about you or your order prior to shipment, please access the “My Account” area of our website. Alternatively, contact us at customerservice@SKATEBOARDS.COM.
9. Can I have my name removed from SKATEBOARDS.COM’s active records? How? If you would like your name removed from our active records, you may go to your Account and click "edit my e-mail preferences". Alternatively, you may also send an e-mail to _privacy@SKATEBOARDS.COM.
10. How do I contact SKATEBOARDS.COM with any questions about this policy? If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact:
Edible Concrete LLC
1839 South Main Street Suite 500
Wake Forrest NC, 27587
If, however, we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users via e-mail.